- 1. What do you do?
- Our service includes one or two operatives in a specialist tipper truck clearing junk, waste or rubbish from anywhere in or on a domestic property or commercial premises and disposing of it responsibly and legally.
- 2. Where are you based?
- Our head office and depot is in London N9.
- 3. What types of 'junk' do you clear?
- We collect most types of junk, waste or rubbish, such as furniture (e.g. sofas, beds, wardrobes, tables), electrical appliances and equipment (e.g. fridges, freezers, washing machines, TVs), bric-a-brac (e.g. carpets, boxes, books, clothes), garden waste (e.g. grass, branches, soil, leaves) and trade, building, refurbishment and DIY waste (e.g. sanitary ware, plasterboard, bricks, rubble).
For more information on the types of junk, waste and rubbish that we collect, please visit our Recycling services page.
We also clear certain types of Hazardous Waste. For more information, please call us on 0333 123 5865 or send us an email.
- 4. Are you licensed to do this?
- Yes, we have a Waste Carrier's Licence from the Environment Agency.
For more information, please visit our Accreditations & Memberships page.
- 5. Are you insured to do this?
- Yes, we have comprehensive public and employer's liability insurance.
- 6. Why do you have a 0333 number instead of a 0800 number?
- Although calls to 0800 numbers are free from landlines, they cost up to 40p per minute from mobiles.
Calls to 0333 numbers from landlines and mobiles cost the same as 01 and 02 numbers and are included in free minutes bundles, which is a much more cost-effective proposition for our customers and clients.
- 7. What areas do you operate in?
- For an up-to-date interactive map showing the areas that we operate in, please visit our Where we operate page.
- 8. What hours do you operate between?
- Our normal hours of operation are between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and Saturdays and Sundays by appointment.
As we are always willing to accommodate our customers and clients needs, if you have any requirements outside of these hours, please call us on 0333 123 5865 or send us an email.
We also regularly carry out ‘Junk Patrols’ on Saturdays and Sundays in various areas in London and the surrounding area.
Look out for updates on our blog and Twitter and Facebook pages and/or leaflets through your door offering great discounts.
- 9. How do you charge?
- For more information, please visit our How we charge page.
- 10. Why can't you give me a quote over the phone?
- We charge according to the volume or weight of junk that needs to be cleared and we need to actually see it first before we can give you a price.
When we visit and have seen the junk we will give you a FREE no-obligation quote and, if you are happy with it, clear it there and then.
The only exception to this is for a single item, for which we charge £45.00 inc. VAT.
Soon you be able to text or email photos of your junk to us for an instant quote.
- 11. How soon can I book a collection for?
- We can usually arrange a collection within 48 hours or, for urgent collections, within 24 hours or even sooner.
To discuss your requirements, please call us on 0333 123 5865 or send us an email.
- 12. Does someone have to be present when the junk is cleared?
- Not as long as we can get access to it.
We will call from the property or premises with a quote and then call again on completion of the clearance to take payment by card.
For account clients, we will send an email on completion of the collection and then submit an invoice accordingly.
- 13. Will you make a mess?
- No, because we are always careful and use dust sheets and shoe covers where and when necessary to protect your carpets and/or flooring.
We also always sweep up thoroughly after ourselves.
- 14. What will you do with the junk?
- 15. Why should I use you instead of a hiring a skip?
- Our service is a modern, cost-effective and easy alternative to old-fashioned, expensive and difficult, expensive skip hire.
For more information, please view our Skip hire alternative page.